Peet’s Coffee unveils 2020 holiday offerings
Peet’s Coffee has unveiled its 2020 holiday offerings that invoke notions of wintery snowcap mountains and sensational aromas of the season. This year’s lineup features the debut of two new products with a twist on holiday traditions, as well as the return of the popular Holiday Spice Latte and Peppermint Mocha. Additional holiday offerings include the arrival of the annual Holiday Blend coffee and a Small Batch Curated Subscription for home coffee brewing.
Available from 30 October 2020 to 5 January 2021, Peet’s lineup features the debut of:
- Snowcap Mint Matcha Latte (Iced or Hot): Creamy and refreshing iced mint matcha latte topped with a lightly sweet snowcap.
- Snowcap Peppermint Cold Brew (Iced Only): New snowcap adds a subtle sweetness to the bold, juicy peppermint Baridi cold brew.
“Our new Snowcap beverages include an airy, lightly-sweetened topping that creates a unique velvety experience reminiscent of the snowy peaks of Winter” said Patrick Main, senior R&D manager, Peet’s Coffee. “We are excited about the sensory experience our new Snowcap topping delivers. Combined with peppermint, a beloved holiday flavour, this beverage ultimately brings forth a truly delicious and unique flavour.”
Returning Peet’s favourites include:
- Holiday Spice Latte (Iced or Hot): Hand-pulled espresso, freshly steamed milk, and an aromatic mixture of holiday baking spices that delivers cozy notes of cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Peppermint Mocha (Iced or Hot): Hand-pulled espresso infused with rich house-made chocolate sauce and peppermint, topped with a cloud of whipped cream.
- Dark Chocolate Orange Mocha (Iced or Hot): As part of Peet’s Members Only Menu, this feature is only available to those who have the Peet’s app and are part of the Peetnik Rewards program. Hand-pulled espresso and freshly steamed milk blended with decadent chocolate, unsweetened Dutch cocoa, and sweet citrus topped with a dollop of whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa.
2020 Holiday Blend
Delivering delight to the season, Peet’s 2020 Holiday Blend is the highly anticipated coffee Peetniks have been waiting for all year. The exciting offering pairs two Guatemalan coffees, a washed and natural Ethiopian, and a sumptuous spice-laden Sumatra, for one extraordinary blend. Each sip is reportedly complex and warmly spiced, embracing notes of candied fruit, dark chocolate, and Indonesian spices.
“Double chocolate, extra fragrant, and ultra-plush, our annual Holiday Blend is as much a celebration of the festive season as it is the diverse communities and regions it comes from,” said Doug Welsh, roastmaster, Peet’s Coffee. “Offering a fresh and flavourful cup of holiday cheer, our annual blend is a joyful gift of the season itself.”
This year, Peet’s is joining forces with La Cocina, a nonprofit that empowers female food entrepreneurs of colour to succeed in the food and restaurant industry. Demonstrating its commitment to women’s advancement, Peet’s will donate $1 for every pound of Holiday Blend and Decaf Holiday Blend sold in its coffeebars and www.peets.com to La Cocina. During Giving Week (1-7 December), the company will double their support and donate $2 for every pound of holiday blend or decaf holiday blend sold.
Available now until supplies last, Peet’s Holiday Blend can be purchased at participating Peet’s coffeebar locations and online at www.peets.com, as well as grocery stores nationwide www.peets.com/product-locator. Prices vary by channel.
Peet’s Coffee subscription service
With Peet’s Small Batch Curated Subscription, coffee drinkers have the chance to savour the very best and freshest coffee beans from the top 1% of farms around the world. Offering exclusive access, the Peet’s team specially selects elevated roasts for those who appreciate an incredible cup. Peet’s coffee subscription service starts at $18 a month.
“The holidays may look a different this year, but our hope is that Peet’s can provide a slice of exploration during this time,” said Doug Welsh. “When our coffee team encounters extraordinary coffees, they set aside just enough to share with others who might appreciate an incredible cup. Our Small Batch Series subscription is the perfect gift to bring exploration into one’s daily routine, taking their home-brewed morning cup of coffee from repetitive to remarkable.”
To learn more about Peet’s latest seasonal offerings, visit peets.com/holiday.