Winners of World Barista Championship and World Brewers Cup
Left: Jooyeon Jeon, Right: Jia Ning Du
The World Barista Championship and World Brewers Cup took place at the SCA Specialty Coffee Expo last week.
Jooyeon Jeon, of South Korea, took home the top spot in the 19th World Barista Championship. She is the second woman to do so after Agnieszka Rojewsk of Poland was the 2018 winner.
Michalis Dimitrakopoulos of Greece was runner up, Cole Torode of Canada was third place, Mikael Jasin of Indonesia was fourth, Wojtek Bialczak of Germany was fifth place, and Mathieu Theis of Switzerland finished in sixth place.
In the World Brewing Cup, Jia Ning Du, representing China, was the winner. Second place went to Patrik Rolf from Sweden and third place to Alessandro Galtieri from Italy.
They were followed by Chikako Nakai (Japan), Hsu Shih Yuan (Taiwan) and Daniel Hofstetter (Switzerland).
2019 World Barista Championship Final Standings
1) Jooyeon Jeon, Momos Coffee, South Korea
2) Michalis Dimitrakopoulos, The UnderDog, Greece
3) Cole Torode, Rosso Coffee Roasters, Canada
4) Mikael Jasin, Common Grounds Coffee Roaster, Indonesia
5) Wojtek Bialczak, Five Elephant Coffee, Germany
6) Mathieu Theis, Mame, Switzerland
2019 World Brewers Finals Standings
1) Jia Ning Du, M2M Coffee, China
2) Patrik Rolf, April Coffee Roasters, Sweden
3) Alessandro Galtieri, Aroma, Italy
3) Chikako Nakai, UCC Holding Co., LTD, Japan
5) Hsu Shih Yuan, UCC Coffee Taiwan Co., LTD, Taiwan
6) Daniel Hofstetter, Switzerland