SCA issues latest Covid-19 entry requirements for Specialty Coffee Expo
A statement has been issued by Yannis Apostolopoulos, CEO of the Specialty Coffee Association, regarding updated Covid-19 entry requirements to the Association’s Specialty Coffee Expo, set to take place in New Orleans from 30 September – 3 October 2021.
The entry requirements for all 2021 Specialty Coffee Expo exhibitors and attendees are as follows:
- Advanced Registration Only: All visitors must register online in advance. Ticket holders will collect their Expo badges on-site at the venue. Please note that both the venue and Expo 2021 will be cash-free and will accept only electronic payments.
- Negative Tests Required: Per the City of New Orleans latest Covid-19 guidelines, all attendees—including those who are fully vaccinated—must present a negative PCR Covid-19 test valid within 72 hours of badge pick up to enter the venue. See the City of New Orleans Covid-19 website to find a list of approved testing sites: ready.nola.gov/incident/coronavirus/testing.
- Masks Required: Per the City of New Orleans latest Covid-19 guidelines, masks are required inside the Expo venue at all times. Attendees may remove masks when drinking or eating, but please be sure to keep it on before and after consumption.
The SCA has also listed additional Covid-19 precautions it is taking in collaboration with its partners at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center:
- Ventilation at the Venue: The Ernest N. Morial Convention Center’s ventilation system uses hospital-grade air filtration systems to help prevent the airborne transmission of Covid-19.
- Enhanced Cleaning and Hygiene: The Ernest N. Morial Convention Center is accredited as a GBAC STAR Facility through the Global BioRisk Advisory Council, which means that the venue has established a cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention program to minimise risks associated with infectious agents like Covid-19. Read the Convention Center’s health and safety protocols or visit our website for more details.
- Physical Distancing Guidelines: In addition to mandating advanced registration, the SCA has reduced capacity in halls and meeting rooms, and has designated entrances, exits, and one-way aisles. For the first time this year, Exhibitors will have an additional installation day on Wednesday 29 September to reduce congestion in the exhibit halls on Thursday and Friday morning.
- Sampling Regulations: Exhibitors conducting sampling in their booths must have a handwashing kit, face masks, gloves, and utensils when handling samples.
Specialty Coffee Expo visitors should familiarise themselves of the latest city of New Orleans Covid-19 guidelines by visiting: ready.nola.gov/incident/coronavirus/safe-reopening.
Visit the Covid-19 page on the Expo website to find more information on SCA Covid-19 Entry Requirements, its updated Safety Protocols, and for answers to frequently asked questions related to Expo and the US Coffee Championships: coffeeexpo.org/covid19-safety.
To read Yannis Apostolopoulos’ full statement, visit: coffeeexpo.org/discover-expo/coffee-expo-2021-entry-requirements.