ProFood World moves award presentations to Pack Expo International
ProFood World and PMMI have cancelled the 2020 ProFood Live conference in view of recent stay-at-home requests and out of concern for the safety and health of staff, attendees and customers.
However, although the live event will not be taking place, the food and beverage manufacturing community will be able to access the conference content in the coming months; ProFood World will also host educational webinars featuring ProFood Live presentations.
With the support of PMMI, ProFood World will recognise its winners of the Sustainability Excellence in Manufacturing Awards and the Manufacturing Innovation Awards at Pack Expo International and Healthcare Packaging Expo in Chicago, from 8-11 November 2020. The awards will be presented at Innovation Stage 1.
The dates and times are as follows:
- 4:00 PM – 8 November 2020 | Sustainability Excellence in Manufacturing Awards
- 4:00 PM – 10 November 2020 | Manufacturing Innovation Awards
Some of the winners to be honored in November include:
- J.M. Smucker’s — New Uncrustables plant in Longmont, Colorado
- Atelier Hermes Boissons – First in the world to HPP bulk process juices that are sent directly to filler
- Lotus Bakeries – Manufacturers of the popular Biscoff cookie –first plant in the U.S.
“While it’s disappointing the conference has been canceled, we’re glad we have the ability to bring some of the conference to food and beverage manufacturers virtually,” said Joyce Fassl, editor in chief of ProFood World and content director for ProFood Live.
“We’re also grateful the award-winning companies can be honored at Pack Expo International and Healthcare Packaging Expo in November. We hope many in the manufacturing community will join us for these events.”
For more information, visit: ProFoodWorld.com