Winners announced for the 2021 SCA Awards
El Compás del Café, winner of the Open Class category, is a tool designed to help coffee growers better plan their farm’s activities throughout the year. It’s centered around the ﬂowering dates on a farm, which then dictate the dates when producers must carry out critical processes and activities over the course of the year, up until harvest.
The Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) has announced the winners for the Best New Product Awards, Coffee Design Awards, and Sustainability Awards as part of this year’s inaugural SCA Awards programme, recognising excellence in product innovation, design, and sustainability across the industry.
The 2021 SCA Awards consist of three platforms: the Best New Product Awards, Coffee Design Awards (formerly Design Lab), and Sustainability Awards. Taking place online for the very first time, the 2021 SCA Awards was open to companies and individuals around the globe, expanding the reach and prestige of these important annual competitions.
The 2021 Best New Product Winners are:
- Consumer Coffee Preparation and Serving Equipment (Non-electrical): Varia Brewing by Varía
- Consumer Coffee Preparation and Serving Equipment (Electrical): Ode Brew Grinder by Fellow
- Commercial Cold Brew Coffee Preparation and Serving Equipment: Baby HardTank by Hard Beans
- Commercial Coffee Preparation and Serving Equipment: Touch 03 by Tone Kaffeemaschinen Ag
- Specialty Non-Coffee Beverage Stand Alone: Sparking Botanicals by Rishi
Specialty Coffee Beverage Additive: Organic Syrup Line by 1883 Maison Routin
- Roasting Equipment & Tools: Coffee Moisture & Density Meter RM-800 by RoastRite
Technology: Coffee Calibration Scheme (TVS 2.0) by FlavorActiv
- Coffee Accessories: Avensi Coffee Enhancing Glassware by ICOSA Brewhouse
- Open Class: El Compács de Café by Caravela Coffee
The 2021 Coffee Design Awards winners are:
- Branding: Onyx Coffee Lab. Design by Jon Allen, and Jeremy Tef
- Vessels: Fellow. Design by Pajnucci Vue, Drew Cosgarea, and Julian Bagirov
- Packaging: Onyx Coffee Lab. Design by Jon Allen, Jeremy Teff, and Taylor Morgan
- Spaces: Onyx Coffee Lab. Design by Jon Allen & Bradley Edwards
The 2021 Sustainability Award winners are:
- Business Model: Pachamama Coffee Cooperative:
- Project: Alto Mayo Landscape Peru REDD+ Project
- Individual: Michael Sheridan