Pack Expo International 2018 Offers Beverage Solutions
Pack Expo International 2018, organized by PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, opens 14 October and runs through 17 October at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois.
The world market for packaging machinery value is expected to reach USD $42.2 billion by 2021, according to PMMI’s Global Trends Impacting the Market for Packaging Machinery 2018 report. Pack Expo International will address the trends and challenges driving the food and beverage, pharmaceutical and medical device, cosmetics and personal care, industrial and household chemical, and other packaged goods industries. Attendees include manufacturers, managers, engineers, production supervisors, purchasers, brand managers, package designers, product development professionals and supply chain and logistics professionals from more than 40 vertical markets and companies of all sizes.
Over 2,500 exhibitors and 50,000 attendees from more than 125 countries will converge at Pack Expo International, where beverage industry professionals and packaging designers can find the latest innovations in beverage package printing.
Highlights at this year’s show include:
• The PACKage Printing Pavilion (South Building): Making its debut at Pack Expo International 2018, the PACKage Printing Pavilion is the industry’s main stage for digital’s advantages for short-run, on-demand, cost-effective variable data and personalized packaging.
• The Containers and Materials Pavilion (Upper North Building): This year’s Containers and Materials Pavilion will address the latest innovations in paperboard, glass, metal and plastic. Flexible and resalable packaging options will also be on display as well as innovative containers and sustainable choices. The Pavilion will also feature the Showcase of Packaging Innovations, sponsored by The Dow Chemical Company, where visitors can view the award-nominated packages.
• The Reusable Packaging Pavilion (Upper Lakeside Center): As demand rises for sustainable packaging solutions, the Reusable Packaging Pavilion, sponsored by the Reusable Packaging Association (RPA), is a hotspot for reusable products, services and solutions for increasing sustainability across the supply chain. The RPA’s Reusable Packaging Center within the pavilion will offer free presentations on case studies and best practices for incorporating reusables.
• The Forum at Pack Expo: Take advantage of free, unique, interactive presentations throughout Pack Expo International. The Forum will feature 20-minute open sessions on the latest industry trends by the OpX Leadership Network, Institute of Packaging Professionals, Contract Packagers Association and PMMI Business Intelligence, followed by small group discussions and Q&A sessions.
• Packaging & Processing Women’s Leadership Network (PPWLN): Launched in 2016, PPWLN serves to recruit, retain and advance women in processing and packaging. The PPWLN breakfast is on Tuesday, 16 October at 7:30am. The meeting will include presentations and discussions allowing peers to exchange ideas and experiences.
• The Innovation Stage: In addition to the packaging and processing technologies that will be on display on the show floor, Pack Expo International will be giving attendees access to free educational programming at The Innovation Stage. During the show, free 30-minute seminars presenting breakthrough technologies and techniques will be scheduled and will focus on a wide range of industry specific solutions. Located in the North Building, Booths N-4560, N-4570 and N-4580.
• Industry-specific Lounges: Pack Expo International attendees can network with peers, gain specialized insights and rest their feet at the show’s three industry-specific lounges. Networking receptions for Snack, Confectionery and Beverage Industry Lounges will take place in their respective locations on Tuesday, 16 October, from 3:30-5:00pm. The Beverage Cooler Lounge (N-4575) will serve as a networking hub for beverage industry professionals and ISBT subject matter experts. Hosted by The International Society of Beverage Technologists (ISBT) and sponsored by Bevcorp, LLC (S-3874).
• PACK gives BACK: Sponsored by Rockwell Automation, PMMI’s regular benefit returns to Pack Expo International with a networking event in support of Pack Expo Scholarships, a scholarship program for US and Canadian students majoring in packaging and processing. Guests can enjoy beer, wine, light appetizers and a performance by renowned stand-up comedian Sebastian Maniscalo. Tickets to the fundraiser are USD $75. The fundraiser on Monday, 15 October, kicks off with a networking reception at 4:30pm followed by the comedy performance at 5:30pm. For more information and to get tickets, visit www.packexpointernational.com/pack-gives-back.