S&D Coffee & Tea Expands Mangrove Bay Flavoured Iced Tea Offerings
S&D Coffee & Tea has announced five new flavours to its Mangrove Bay flavoured iced tea line are now available to foodservice and convenience store operators.
Developed based on market trends and consumer insights on flavour preferences for iced tea, the five new flavours are:
- Caribbean Sunset Black Tea – mango, pineapple and cherry combined with black tea
- Peach Lemon Green Tea – green tea blended with peach and lemon notes
- Blueberry Citrus Black Tea – mandarin orange and black tea married with blueberry
- Mandarin Green Tea – citrus notes abound in this green tea blended with flavours of orange, nectarine and mandarin
- Merry Berry Black Tea – a strawberry, blackberry and black tea creation
“Flavoured tea is a growing category. Datassential reports an 18% growth in flavoured tea consumption over the past five years,” said Pam Everett, director of category management, tea with S&D. “Based on this research, our new iced tea products were developed — combining complex flavour profiles with broad market appeal.”
The new teas utilise encapsulated flavour, which allows for a consistent, flavourful brew while offering the convenience of using a filter pack for brewing — which is desired by most operators.
All the new Mangrove Bay flavoured iced teas use 100% Rainforest Alliance Certified tea, reinforcing S&D’s commitment to environmental, economic and social improvements through sustainable sourcing practices.
S&D Coffee and Tea, based in Concord, North Carolina, the largest coffee and tea manufacturer and supplier to restaurants and convenience stores in America.