Argo Tea debuts Garden Direct Collection of 24 single estate teas
Argo Tea, the premium tea brand known for its all-natural tea-based drinks and loose-leaf teas, introduced its most premium offering: the Garden Direct Collection. The new line features 24 single estate teas that are sourced from the world’s premier tea growing regions. Each reflects the character and subtleties of the unique terroir and climate from the garden in which it was grown.
With a variety of flavours and levels of caffeine, ranging from popular pure teas like First Flush Darjeeling (Ambootia Tea Garden, India) to undiscovered teas like Hong Cha (Fang District, Thailand) or Sejak (Jeju Island, South Korea), the range of the collection provides unique offerings for all types of tea enthusiasts. All Garden Direct varietals are available for purchase online at www.argotea.com and in the majority of Argo Tea’s Chicago and New York City area cafés. The following eight Garden Direct teas, which exemplify the diversity within the collection, are available in the rest of Argo Tea cafés nationwide:
- English Breakfast – full-bodied, subtle malt and a hint of smoke;
- Genmaicha – this Japanese favorite is the perfect balance of fresh vegetal Sencha and nutty undertones from the toasted rice;
- Nilgiri – sweet notes of honey and dried fruit give this tea wonderful balance, complemented by its lush amber cup;
- Sencha – lightly steamed to preserve the character of the leaves, this tea typifies the light grassy flavor that is expected from the best senchas;
- Pai Mu Tan – picked from the tiniest buds in early spring, this white tea presents delicate fruit and floral notes that will delight the palate;
- Armenian Mint – revitalizes the mind, body and soul, naturally without caffeine
- Chamomile Blossoms – grown in the Nile Delta at low altitude, this classic herbal tea exhibits a light, floral sweetness that is perfectly balanced by earthy undertones;
- Rooibos – Grown only in South Africa, this flavorful and full-bodied tea is caffeine-free and has strong notes of honey and fruit.
“We literally traveled to all ends of the earth to source the best single estate teas for our Garden Direct Collection,” said Arsen Avakian, founder and CEO, Argo Tea. “Our partners not only make some of the best teas but also share in our commitment to making an impact on their communities. We’re proud to work with these world-renowned growers and are passionate about sharing these exceptional pure teas with enthusiasts everywhere.”
The gold and brown labels reflect the premium quality of each tea within the Collection. Each bottle features a design inspired by regional art, flowers and iconic patterns of the specific country where the tea was grown. The MSRP for each loose-leaf bottle varies from USD $10.95 to $39.95 depending on the tea. Sizes range from 1.8 oz to 5.6 oz per tea.
Since brewing its first cup of tea in 2003, Chicago, Illinois-based Argo Tea has become a leading multi-channel, branded beverage company. Its ready-to-drink teas are now available in over 30,000 outlets nationwide, and Argo Tea also operates 50 cafés globally.