SCAA members vote yes
Members of the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA) has voted in favour of merging with the Specialty Coffee Association of Europe. Members of the London, England based SCAE voted yes to the unification in June.
The Santa Ana, California based SCAA expressed some of its immediate goals in a statement today, they included:
- Achievements and milestones in combining the education programs into one single, harmonious, global education program, led by volunteer instructors and experts;
- New research to examine and better understand coffee science, consumer preferences, and everything in between;
- Advancements in sustainability efforts;
- New opportunities for member engagement as we operationalise the new bylaws and strategic plan;
- The same suite of SCAA Events you know and love, with continued opportunities for innovation, partnership, and networking across the USA and beyond;
- Multi-cultural leadership and opportunities for development;
- Updates to membership structure to simplify, streamline, and deliver better value to members.