PACK EXPO Las Vegas set to break attendance records and cover more ground
Image: Vanessa Facenda
PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2023, taking place 11-13 September (Las Vegas Convention Center) will be the largest, most comprehensive edition of this trade show since its inception, with 30,000 attendees expected to explore solutions from more than 2,000 exhibitors, spanning nearly one million square feet of exhibit space. Produced by PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, PACK EXPO Las Vegas is a premier destination to witness cutting-edge packaging and processing solutions, with suppliers showcasing diverse innovations for more than 40 vertical markets, making it the most all-inclusive packaging and processing show in North America this year.
“Our numbers show that we are on track to surpass previous Las Vegas show attendance. This reflects steady growth in our industry and attendees’ hunger to find new solutions,” said Jim Pittas, president & CEO, PMMI. “PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2023 will address critical issues such as sustainability, workforce, and automation to name a few — all put together in one world-class, must-attend event.”
The theme of PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2023 is “Expect Innovation” because this show will provide more solutions and innovations under one roof than available anywhere else in North America this year. Show attendees will see machinery in action, discover the latest materials, hear from experts, experience innovations firsthand, gain insights into critical industry trends, and discover solutions they didn’t know existed.
A multitude of new and expanded features make the show a must-see for all packaging and processing professionals, including:
Sustainability Central: This show floor destination takes an expansive look into packaging sustainability and what it means to brands, including interactive content and a look at actionable sustainable solutions in manufacturing, materials, and design.
Sustainability Stage: Attendees will hear from industry experts on a range of packaging sustainability topics and get insight into making their brands more sustainable in the future.
The Logistics Pavilion: The boom in e-commerce makes logistics an even more crucial part of the product journey from manufacturer to consumer. The Logistics Pavilion is the place to find targeted solutions related to the supply chain, including warehousing, fulfillment, distribution logistics services, and transportation providers.
The Processing Zone: The integration of processing and packaging in the manufacturing environment is more important than ever and the Processing Zone returns to PACK EXPO Las Vegas 50% larger than it was in 2021. It is a great place to start a search for front-of-the-line solutions such as homogenising, heat treating, forming/sizing, and coating.
“With a show this size, we’ve organized our show floor and content in a way that will allow attendees to take part in everything from exhibits to educational sessions to pavilions to networking and social events in a way that meets their specific needs,” says Laura Thompson, vice president, trade shows, PMMI. “We didn’t just strive for more as far as size, but considered what would make the most impact to our attendees and industry by the technologies and topics we’ve chosen to highlight.”
In addition to 2,000 exhibitors, PACK EXPO Las Vegas will offer 100+ educational sessions organised into five areas:
- The Innovation Stage – Explore new technologies and best practices in fast-paced, 30-minute presentations by suppliers and topic experts. Topics include robotics, automation, AI, and sustainability.
- Processing Innovation Stage – Located in the Processing Zone, the Processing Innovation Stage will include 30-minute, information-packed presentations about trends, new ideas, and advances in food and beverage processing.
- The Forum – 45-minute, interactive sessions provide the opportunity to discuss new ideas and collaborate on solutions to widespread issues such as digitalisation, cybersecurity, sustainability, automation, and integration of cobots into manufacturing. Each session begins with a presentation before participants are invited to discuss the issue in small roundtables.
- Reusable Packaging Learning Center – Hear real-world stories about the benefits, ROI, and points of consideration for companies switching to reusables from suppliers of reusable assets, subject experts, and end users.
- Industry Speaks Stage – Leading associations will discuss the latest hot topics affecting the packaging and processing community. Participants include Ameripen, The Association for Contract Packagers and Manufacturers, Institute of Packaging Professionals, OMAC – Organization for Machine Automation and Control, OPC Foundation, and PMMI Business Intelligence.
An array of pavilions
The show floor includes pavilions devoted to other industries, technologies, and organisations.
- The Containers and Materials Pavilion will display the latest innovations in paperboard, glass, metal, plastic, flexible, and resealable packaging, as well as containers and materials. The pavilion also houses The Showcase of Packaging Innovations®. Sponsored by WestRock, this attendee favourite will display award-nominated packaging solutions.
- The PACKage Printing Pavilion will focus on the advantages of digital printing, showcasing the latest in cost-effective solutions for smart, short-run, on-demand, variable data, and personalised packaging.
- The Reusable Packaging Pavilion, sponsored by the Reusable Packaging Association, will present sustainable packaging solutions to help reduce waste, cut costs, and gain supply chain efficiency. This pavilion also houses the Reusable Packaging Learning Center.
- The Workforce Development Pavilion is a one-stop shop for resources to strengthen the workforce. Learn about PMMI U offerings, including popular training workshops, and meet students interested in careers in the industry.
- The Association Partner Pavilion houses participants in the PACK EXPO Partner Program and connects attendees to leading associations from all segments of packaging and processing.
Networking and special events
Attendees at PACK EXPO Las Vegas will have a chance to participate in special events before and during the show, including the PMMI Foundation Golf Tournament at the Bali Hai Golf Club, on Sunday, 10 Sept., and the PACK gives BACK™ fundraiser for the PMMI Foundation that evening, plus the Packaging & Processing Women’s Leadership Network Breakfast on Tuesday, 12 Sept.
PACK gives BACK™ is an all-new format this year, a private performance of O™ by Cirque du Soleil®. This aquatic and acrobatic extravaganza will be held at the Bellagio Hotel & Casino. Tickets are available for single purchase or in blocks of 10 and include general admission seating and drinks/snacks at the theater.
The show schedule also includes special programming throughout the event for first-time attendees and young professionals as well as an Ask the Experts program where experienced industry executives help attendees locate the packaging or processing solution they need.
For complete information on PACK EXPO Las Vegas, to register and to download the show app, visit packexpolasvegas.com.