Finalists announced for the 2023 SCA Sustainability Awards
Image: Specialty Coffee Association (SCA)
The Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) is proud to announce the finalists for the 2023 Sustainability Awards, recognizing excellence in sustainability across the industry.
The 2023 Sustainability Awards consist of three categories: Individual, Business Model, and Project, recognizing outstanding work in the field of sustainability, promoting sustainability within the coffee world while inspiring others to initiate similar endeavours. The projects, business models, and people receiving these awards are not only dedicated to confronting the enormous challenges facing the specialty
coffee industry—from climate change to gender inequality—but also collaborating across geographies, cultures, and value chain roles, and sharing the lessons they have learned for the benefit of the entire coffee sector.
After receiving 16 Project, 27 Business and 14 individual submissions this year, a committee comprised of SCA staff has selected the finalists in each award category. Winners will be announced in March 2023, and recognized at Re:co Symposium, April 19-20, 2023.
The 2023 Sustainability Award Finalists (by category) are:
- Primavera Green Coffee
- Endiro Coffee
- Dean’s Beans Organic Coffee
- Black Baza Coffee Co.
- Steeped Coffee
- Bellwether Coffee
- Ricardo Oteros Sánchez-Posuelo
- David Griswold
- Jose Rivera
- Grayson Caldwell
- Mahdi Usati
- Andre Hamboer
- Project D.I.R.E.C.T. by Farmer Brothers
- The Cooperation On Fair, Free, Equitable Employment (COFFEE) Project by
- NKG Bloom by Neumann Kaffee Gruppe
- RENACER Coffee Training School by Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- The Technological Park of Innovation in Coffee and Coffee Farming by
- Low-Carbon coffee value-chain project in Kenya by Moyee Coffee, Agriterra,
- Fairchain Foundation, KDCU, KALRO (Consortium)
- The 2023 Sustainability Awards were generously made possible with the support of