Entries for the 2023 Tea Tycoons competition are now being accepted
Image: The 2023 World Tea Conference + Expo
The 2023 World Tea Conference + Expo is pleased to announce that the entry form is now open for the 2023 Tea Tycoons competition. After an immensely successful debut in 2022, the Tea Tycoons competition sets the stage where new businesses, brands, and products can pitch to a panel of experts during a live contest at the Las Vegas Convention Center on 28 March 2023. The entry form will close at 11:59pm PST on 15 January 2023.
Tea Tycoons Categories:
Camellia sinensis Focused Company (new this year)
- A product that celebrates tea with a focus on the unique characteristics of Camellia sinensis because of its origin/terroir.
- Focuses on meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
- Dynamic, new idea, method, or device that demonstrates clear value for the tea industry.
*Candidates may only enter one category
- Must be a new business, brand, product, or innovation related
- Must have no more than 5 years in business
- Must be first time to apply for or enter contest
- Must employ less than 10 employees
- Cannot be owned or funded by a large corporation
- Must not have exhibited previously at World Tea Expo
Selected candidates will be notified by 29 January 2023 and will be tasked with submitting a video no longer than two minutes about their new company/brand/product/innovation. Nine finalists will be chosen to present to the judges on 28 March 2023, to compete. Three winners (one in each category) will be chosen by World Tea Judges and announced on stage at the conference on March 28, 2023.
Each of the nine finalists will receive: inclusion in a press release announcement in World Tea News, announcement in World Tea News Newsletter, recognition in email promotions to the World Tea global subscriber list and social media coverage on Facebook.
Each of the three final winners will receive: two expo passes to World Tea Expo 2024, press release inclusion announcing winners in World Tea News, a new wholesale account with ITI with a $1,000 credit and catalogue, and a feature story in TeaTime Magazine.
World Tea Conference + Expo is North America’s leading tea event focused on the business of tea with unique sampling, tasting, and education on how to profit from tea. The yearly event attracts the national and international tea community, including buyers and decision makers from retailers, grocery, hotels, distributors, foodservice, plus tea shops, gift shops, among others. World Tea Conference + Expo is a trade event that is not open to the public.
Registration is now open for the 2023 Conference + Expo at WorldTeaExpo.com.