Pack Expo International 2022 begins 23 October
Image credit: PMMI
Packaging and processing companies with converge in Chicago, Illinois on 23 October for the first in-person Pack Expo International since 2018. Taking place 23-26 October at McCormick Place, Pack Expo International 2022 will offer more features than ever before.
It is vital for the packaging and processing industries to come together and share innovations, connect with colleagues, hear from experts and see machinery-in-action — and Pack Expo International 2022 is the most efficient and effective way to do it all, offering solutions for over 40 vertical markets. No other event this year will showcase entire production line solutions and offer attendees everything needed to compete in a changing marketplace.
New at Pack Expo International
• Pack to the Future Exhibit: Go Pack to the Future in an interactive exhibit new to Pack Expo International. Pack to the Future celebrates the role of packaging and processing through history and the impact it is poised to have on our future.
This curated exhibit includes historical equipment, materials and photographs spanning 250 years, journeying through the evolution of packaging and processing, and highlighting how the industry developed alongside civilization. This exhibit will be in the West Building at booth W20001.
The Pack to the Future Stage will provide thought-provoking sessions on groundbreaking industry advancements and features free presentations by industry experts on advances in pharmaceutical and cannabis packaging, wireless factory automation, sustainable alternatives, smart packaging, artificial intelligence and more! The Pack to the Future stage will be in the West Building at booth W20025.
• The Processing Zone: It’s back and better than ever! The Processing Zone returns to Pack Expo in 2022 with the widest variety of food and beverage processing equipment. In today’s manufacturing environment, processing and packaging are integrated systems, making it critical to bring both solutions under one roof. Start your search for front-of-the-line solutions such as homogenizing, heat treating, forming/sizing and coating in The Processing Zone.
Attendees will discover solutions to increase efficiency, achieve total system integration and ensure safety. Visit The Processing Zone in the Lakeside Center at PACK EXPO International 2022! The Processing Zone will be located at booths LU7000-LU7799.
New in 2022, the Processing Innovation Stage (booth LU7130), will focus on the latest food and beverage processing breakthroughs. Conveniently located in the Processing Zone, no additional registration is required for attendees to take a break from the show floor and learn something new.
• Pack Match: This complimentary consultation makes its Pack Expo International debut, providing attendees personalized, one-on-one guidance to locate targeted solutions. Whether an emerging brand or a well-established household name, Pack Match Advisors are available for 30-minute virtual consultations to connect attendees with the right suppliers. Attendees complete an online form to indicate their challenges and ensure they are matched with the appropriate industry expert to use the service. Once the match is made, attendees schedule a virtual meeting with their assigned Pack Match Advisor to receive non-biased guidance and recommended exhibitors to suit their business needs. Meetings will begin approximately three weeks prior to the show. Assigned on a first come-first serve basis, meeting spots are limited.
• Pack Challenge: A new packaging competition at Pack Expo International brings six high school teams together for a head-to-head machine-building competition. PMMI will provide a build to print snack filler machine kit, designed specifically for this competition, along with an assembly (flight manual) to the qualifying teams. Each team will assemble the snack filler to the specifications at Pack Expo International and have the flexibility to be creative with add-ons. The winning school will be awarded USD $5,000 with an additional $2,000 split between individual team members. The other five teams in attendance will receive $1,000 for participating in the event. After the event, the teams will take the machines back to their school, providing future students the opportunity for hands-on experience.
• Industry Meets: The Industry Meets at Pack Expo with targeted mini-industry events hosted by a record number of association partners as part of the Partner Plus Program. In addition, Association Partner thought leaders will present the latest industry trends on the Industry Speaks stage throughout the show.
• The Logistics Pavilion: A new pavilion a Pack Expo International, logistics is a crucial part of the product journey from manufacturer to consumer — and among the top five searches on the Pack Expo website. With the boom in e-commerce, The Logistics Pavilion will be the place to find targeted solutions related to the supply chain, including warehousing, fulfillment, distribution logistics services and transportation providers. Located in the North Building.
Free Show Floor Education
• The Forum at Pack Expo: Take advantage of free, unique, interactive learning sessions throughout Pack Expo International. The Forum at Pack Expo will feature 45-minute sessions, open to all attendees, on the latest industry trends. Sessions will be interactive, including activities, small group discussions and Q&A sessions. Located in the North Hall at booth N4543.
• The Innovation Stages: On the show floor, the three Innovation Stages present free 30-minute seminars on breakthrough technologies and techniques focused on a wide range of industry-specific solutions. Innovation stages are located in the North Hall at booths N4560, N4580, N4585.
• See also the Processing Innovation Stage, the Pack to the Future Stage and Industry Speaks Stage mentioned above. These are all free to attendees and conveniently located on the show floor.
Returning Pavilions at the 2022 Show
• The Package Printing Pavilion: This area in the South Building features digital printing and converting, labeling, coding and marking technologies.
• The Containers and Materials Pavilion: Big trends such as sustainability, recyclability, e-commerce and consumer convenience have loomed large in recent years in this pavilion. Located in the West Building, it is a prime destination for companies looking to refresh a brand, launch new products, broaden appeal and attract attention.
• Pack Expo International attendees can network with peers, gain specialized insights and rest their feet at the Candy Bar Lounge, hosted by The National Confectioners Association (NCA), and sponsored by Syntegon Packaging Technology, LLC. The lounge offers a place for casual networking and idea sharing. Located within the Confectionery Pavilion in the South Building.
• The Reusable Packaging Pavilion: This pavilion, sponsored by the Reusable Packaging Association, showcases sustainable packaging solutions to help reduce waste, cut costs and gain supply chain efficiency. Explore reusable transport packaging products and services and see innovative reuse solutions from over 30 exhibitors. Sponsored by the Reusable Packaging Association, this pavilion will be located in Upper Lakeside at booths LU6700 – LU6999.
• PMMI U Workforce Development Pavilion: Located in the West Hall Concourse, this is Pack Expo International’s one-stop-shop for resources to strengthen your current workforce and grow the existing workforce. Learn about PMMI U offerings, including popular training workshops. Schools will present mechatronics, packaging and processing offerings, and you can meet students interested in careers in the industry.
• Association Partner Pavilion: This pavilion houses leading associations dedicated to advancing the packaging and processing industry, offering significant resources, insights and expertise all in one central location within the North Hall at booths N4510 – N5101.
Packaging & Processing Women’s Leadership Network (PPWLN) Networking Event
PPWLN serves to recruit, retain and advance women’s careers in packaging and processing. Each Pack Expo, the PPWLN hosts a networking event addressing a timely issue facing women in the industry.
The annual PPWLN breakfast will take place Tuesday, 25 October, 7:30-9:00 am, in Room, S-100 at McCormick Place. Hear from keynote speaker Dawn Hudson, former Chief Marketing Officer at the National Football League and former president and CEO of Pepsi Cola North America, who has led an impressive career spanning high-level posts in media, retail, consumer goods, consulting, and healthcare at some of the biggest corporations in the world.
Pack Expo Green
The Pack Expo Green Program is the commitment of Pack Expo and all its partners, vendors and exhibitors working together to create a more sustainable world. Find below information and resources to aid and advance your company’s unique sustainability goals.
Reusable Packaging Learning Center
Learn the latest trends and benefits of reusable packaging, in the Lakeside Upper Building, booth LU6737. Discover how implementing a reusable packaging system can improve material handling performance, reduce operating costs, create new economic values, and lower environmental impacts in your supply chain.
The Emerging Brands Summit, organised by PMMI Media Group, will launch at this year’s show and will be a one-day event featuring educational content and tabletop exhibits. This new program is aimed at founders and leaders of startup manufacturing companies looking to scale their brand to larger production through either in-house facility build out or outsourced relationships with contract manufacturers and packagers. Exhibitors will include packaging machinery, packaging materials, processing equipment, and contract manufacturing and packaging.
Visit packexpointernational.com to register, search suppliers and for more information.