Smith Teamaker introduces premium iced tea collection & new limited edition flavours
Smith Teamaker has released its signature Iced Tea Collection, presenting six naturally beautiful flavours of summer refreshment, available year-round. Each ethically-sourced, premium blend is created from the world’s finest teas and botanicals, of the same high quality as Smith’s sought after full leaf hot teas, blended in small batches in Portland, Oregon. When brewed, these golden and jewel-toned teas shimmer in the glass and brim with flavour, according to Smith Teamaker. The teas are all natural, sugar free, flavourful, and with next to no calories in each cup. In addition to the six core iced teas, Smith Teamaker will release a new seasonal iced tea flavour once a month through July, beginning with Lemon Black.
“It is a Smith tradition to look for the uncommon in a classic,” says head teamaker Ravi Kroesen. “With so many people’s first introduction to tea being an iced black tea with lemon, we saw an opportunity to do what we do best and create a tea that people could fall in love with all over again.” Lemon Black blends full leaf Ceylon, Assam, and Nilgiri black teas with a gentle touch of cold-pressed lemon oil and a kiss of Australian lemon myrtle. The next seasonal release will be Blackberry Jasmine (a stunning, blue-hued floral sipper, on June 3) and Endless Summer (an herbaceous blend of honeybush, sage, and osmanthus, released on July 25).
Each iced tea blend is packaged in a resealable bag containing 12 commercially compostable tea sachets which brew one quart each: one package of Smith Teamaker iced tea brews 48 cups of iced tea, with no bottles or cans to throw away, making it a sustainable beverage. The collection includes two herbal (caffeine-free) blends, two green tea blends, and two black tea blends. Each of the six flavours in the signature iced tea collection is $14.99 for 12 sachets (1 qt. each) and on sale now at SmithTea.com and Amazon.com (limited edition seasonal flavors are sold on SmithTea.com).
Signature Iced Tea Collection
- No. 46 Exceptional Iced Tea (full leaf black tea): A blend of full leaf Indian and Ceylon black teas, chosen to create a refined iced tea experience, elevated by peach and black currant.
- No. 35 Ginger Peach (full leaf black tea): A decidedly fruitful pairing of Indian and Sri Lankan black teas, joined with the earthy essence of ginger, peach and nectarine.
- No. 42 Hibiscus Mango (caffeine-free herbal infusion): A bright, mango-forward infusion of juicy hibiscus flowers, orange peel and smooth rooibos.
- No. 66 Pacific Lemongrass (caffeine-free herbal infusion): A thirst-quenching infusion of lemongrass and citrus is rounded out by golden chamomile and a pinch of refreshing Pacific Northwest peppermint.
- No. 93 Mediterranean Mint (full leaf green tea): A lively, palate-pleasing mingling of invigorating Chinese green tea and fresh, clean peppermint leaves from the Pacific Northwest.
- No. 82 Tahitian Green (full leaf green tea): Riding a perfect wave of full-bodied Chinese green tea, this taste of paradise lands with a tropical splash of pineapple, peach and vanilla.
Seasonal Iced Teas – Limited Edition
Seasonal iced teas, on sale through Labor Day, are $16.99 for 12 sachets (each producing 1 qt. or 4 cups)/48 cups per bag.
- No. 57 Lemon Black (full leaf black tea) – Released on 6 May: Classic black tea with lemon—made even more exquisite with a kiss of lemon myrtle.
- No. 76 Blackberry Jasmine (full leaf green tea) – Released on 3 June: A stunning sapphire sipper, this is a blend of premium Jasmine Silver Tip tea, sweet blackberry, orange peel, and mango. The butterfly pea flower colours this tea a beautiful brilliant blue.
- No. 29 Endless Summer (caffeine-free herbal infusion) – Released on 25 July: Juicy, herbaceous and bright, this herbal tea is infused with honeybush, sage, and osmanthus flowers.