Phenolaeis launches new instant coffee with palm fruit extract
Phenolaeis, supplier of sustainable palm fruit extract (PFE), is now creating functional coffee with added wellness benefits plus a smoother taste and mouthfeel.
The new functional coffee, available now for white labelling, will attract multiple coffee-drinking demographics, according to Phenolaeis. Industry testing of PFE in coffee has reportedly resulted in overwhelmingly positive feedback. Short runs are now available for companies to test their consumer appeal for themselves.
PFE is derived from the oil palm fruit using solvent-free, minimally processed handling. This water-soluble, non-GMO plant complex is composed of at least five natural polyphenols, fibers, carbohydrates and protein. Its soluble fibre is a carrier of various bioactive components.
Research studies have shown that PFE activates a wide range of antioxidant pathways and has the potential to improve wellness. Antioxidant pathways are known to support the immune system, cardiovascular and cognitive health.
After 15 years in development, PFE is now sustainably produced in Mexico using production methods that respect the environment, wildlife and people. It is fully traceable from soil to final product.
Adding PFE to coffee adds mind and body benefits beyond better overall taste, according to Phenolaeis. Some of the benefits include:
- Enhanced nutrition: PFE adds to already-good-for-you coffee with antioxidants, water-soluble polyphenols and shikimic acid.
- Better mouthfeel: Adding PFE to coffee minimises astringency and improves mouthfeel. There’s a noticeable increase in richness and boldness while smoothing the flavour, according to Phenolaeis, and bitter notes are diminished.
- Easy to use: PFE is fully incorporated into the coffee crystal formulation developed between Phenolaeis and Cafesca. There’s nothing to be shaken or that needs to be added.
- Stevia synergy: For coffees sweetened with stevia, PFE works well, rounding out the metallic and/or licorice aftertaste.
The new functional coffee in a freeze-dried presentation contains 5% PFE, the recommended dosage to ensure each serving delivers the PFE health benefits. Here are some possibilities for its use, according to Phenolaeis:
- Immediate white labeling opportunities are available. Functional PFE coffee is suitable for glass bottle packaging as well as single servings, stick packs, box, bags and sachets. PFE can also be mixed in roasted and ground coffee (regular and decaf) as well as liquid.
- Flavours, such as chocolate, can easily be blended into the base formula crystals without changing their appearance.
- Additional functional ingredients, such as fibre, can also be blended into the base formula crystals without changing their appearance.
- Cream and other liquids can also be incorporated.
For more information, email: [email protected].