AVPA organises third international Teas of the World contest
AVPA – Agency for the Valuation of Agricultural Products, is a non-governmental, non-profit organisation, mainly composed of producers and taste enthusiasts. The Association sets itself the objective of contributing to the best promotion of exceptional agricultural productions for the benefit of their producers. To do this, AVPA organises four International Contests: “Teas of the World”, “Coffees roasted at Origin”, “Chocolates processed at Origin” and “World Edible Oils”.
In the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, AVPA is organising its third international Teas of the World contest to encourage and support producers in this period of economic recovery.
The AVPA contest reportedly helps tea producers:
- attain recognition of their exceptional quality in social and professional environments;
- stand out from other producers;
- explore new markets around the globe.
The “Teas of the world” contest is organised in two distinct parts:
- Monovarietal teas (Camellia Sinensis). Jury president: Lydia Gautier
- Infusions (infusion plants other than Camellia Sinensis), blends and flavoured teas. Jury president: Carine Baudry
The objective of the AVPA contest is to promote the recognition of exceptional producers by focusing primarily on organoleptic aspects.
To learn more, visit the AVPA’s website for Contest Rules.
The AVPA Teas of the World award ceremony will be held on 16 November in Paris, France.