GREK Tea Aims to Expand Distribution Globally
GREK Tea launched in April 2017 with a goal of introducing new artisan Greek herbal tea flavours to the UK market. GREK is now looking to expand distribution to the US and beyond.
GREK imports herbs from Greece to create the herbal tea infusions. The artisan company selects ingredients, not only for their individual aromatic qualities but also for their complementary properties when blending. GREK works only with suppliers that are 100% organically certified. The five-item line includes:
- Peppermint (tea bags) – smooth and intense with delicate higher notes with hints of spice;
- Lemon verbena (tea bags) – balmy and zestful, citric, but smooth, calm and gentle;
- Mountain tea (loose) – mellow and floral with a touch of fruit, woody and earthy notes;
- Chamomile (tea bags) – gentle and calming with sweet aroma, delicately balanced between flowers and fruit;
- Paradeisia blend (tea bags) – crisp and floral, light flowers underscored by citrus and a fresh aftertaste (sage, lemon verbena, lemon balm, peppermint).
“We have created a brand that avoids Greek clichés and have instead taken inspiration from the Xysta tiles of Pyrgi, Chios,” says Marina Tzima, managing director, GREK, noting that usually a Greek design is represented by a photo of the Acropolis and Parthenon, or white houses with blue roofs, golden daisies glistering in the sunshine, etc.
“We went for something completely different. Our design is original, inspiring and the black and white patterns make the boxes stand out. The result is powerful, unique and memorable. Each tea flavour comes with a booklet featuring a unique short story and charming illustrations, perfect as a gift,” says Tzima.
GREK teas have MSPRs ranging from £12.00 to £13.35 per pouch depending on the variety. The teas are currently available online at the company’s website, www.grektea.com, www.notonthehighstreet.com and on Amazon UK.